TurnkeyPD is a series of PD resources designed to help leaders build specific core knowledge and competencies of afterschool and youth development professionals.
Each TurnkeyPD includes:
- An article and resources with accompanying discussion guide.
- Application activities that may be used for self-directed learning or for leadership-led PD.
TurnkeyPD is an Executive member-only resource. Click here to join or upgrade.
TurnkeyPD eBook Bundles available:
- Interactions and Youth Engagement
- Family, School and Community Relationships
- Learning Environments and Curriculum
- Program Planning, PD and Leadership
Individual TurnkeyPD resources available:
- Supporting Youth's Needs With a Case-By-Case Approach
- Bag of Tricks
- Self-Care to Avoid Burnout
- Boost the Success of STEM Inquiry
- Keeping Your Staff Motivated
- Five Ways to Reduce STEM Anxiety
- 8 Simple Ways for Kids to Practice Kindness Every Day
- Know Thyself: Developing Your Inner Leader
- Empower Youth by Reading Aloud
- Advancing Student Wellness through OST, School and Community Collaboration
- Eight Ways You Can Bring Literacy Into Your Afterschool Program
- STEM Pathways to Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
- Seven Tips for Positive Behavior
- Ten Tips to Become a STEM Superstar
- 5 Ways to Build Strong Relationships with Families
- Want Young People to be Healthier, Happier and Smarter?
- 10 Tips for Stepping Into Your Leadership
- Cultivating Creativity and Curiosity Through Questions
- Ten Tips for Building Relationships with Youth
- Flip the Switch on Screen Time
- Libraries as Partners During Out-of-School Time
- Best Practices to Prevent Bullying on Field Trips
- Eight Things to Remember When Integrating STEM
- Ten Transition or Wait Time Games for School-Aged Children
- Ten Strategies for Effective Communication in Afterschool
- Get Your Staff Motivated!
- Build a Solid Team
- Ten Ways for Coaching Toward Youth Program Quality
- Tips for Transitioning with Kids
- How to Communicate Effectively with Licensors