Every year at Convention, people come up to me and ask, "How's it going?" I always say, "Convention is for you, so you tell me." Here's a sampling of what I heard at NAA17.
The word on the street (or in the convention center hallways) is:
- "Best keynotes ever! I am inspired. You just changed my life!"
- "You're making it happen—energizing the field to take a stand and make our voices heard."
- "I matter. You matter. We matter. The NAA Convention has shown us how much we matter. When we understand how much we matter, we can change the world!"
- "I've finally found my people! I've never felt this empowered and encouraged as an afterschool professional."
- "There is nothing more inspiring than this group of smart and passionate professionals! I'm ready for work."
And one of my favorites:
- "Cats don't square dance." (You had to be there!)
We know that the most important things to our Convention community are educational sessions, networking, keynotes and location. So, for NAA18 we're planning:
- Educational session formats of different lengths and intensity, and for a variety of professional levels.
- Exciting performances and four (count 'em: four) keynotes that will provide opportunities for participants to both learn and share.
- Evening networking events including state and other meet-ups and theme-related activities such as group vision-boarding, a "This I Believe" essay contest, Out-and-About Atlanta, and more!
- A convenient and comfortable location to help facilitate this fun and learning!
We look forward to having you join us, spending time with you, and adding your perspective to the word on the street. Register today!
Written by Heidi Ham, NAA's Vice President of Programs and Strategy.