The highest standards of professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, effectiveness, and fiscal responsibility are integrated within the sections, while avoiding any activity that is in conflict with the performance of job responsibilities.
It is a resource to assist the afterschool professional in understanding the ethical responsibilities inherent in providing afterschool programs for children ages five to eighteen.
A professional code of ethics is set of standards, rules, guidelines, and values that govern and guide ethical behavior of a profession's members, interactions among its members, and interactions between its members and the public. The code:
- Defines accepted and acceptable behaviors.
- Promotes high standards of practice.
- Provides a benchmark for members to use for self-evaluation.
- Establishes a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
- Provides a vehicle for professional identity.
- Provides a mark of professional maturity.
Click here to download a printable copy of the NAA Code of Ethics for AfterSchool Professionals.