If you are looking to engage your staff with relevant topics, or are interested in hosting discussions with other afterschool professionals, TurnkeyPD has the materials for you!
On the first Tuesday of every month, NAA will upload an engaging article or set of tips related to afterschool. Additional materials accompanying each article will include a guide with discussion points and application and reflection activities. TurnkeyPD topics align with the NAA Core Knowledge and Competencies for Afterschool and Youth Development professionals, and will include information about interactions with children and youth, youth engagement, family, school, and community partnerships; professional development, leadership, and more!
- September 8, 2015: How to Communicate Effectively with Licensors
- October 6, 2015: Tips for Transitioning with Kids
- November 3, 2015: Ten Ways for Coaching Toward Youth Program Quality
- December 8, 2015: Build a Solid Team
- January 5, 2016: Get Your Staff Motivated!
- February 2, 2016: Seven Tips for Positive Behavior
- March 1, 2016: Ten Strategies for Effective Communication in Afterschool
- April 5, 2016: Ten Transition and Wait Time Games for School-Aged Children
- May 3, 2016: Eight Things to Remember When Integrating STEM
Click here for your downloadable TurnkeyPD article, discussion guide, and certificate.