It is a resource to assist the afterschool professional in understanding the ethical responsibilities inherent in providing afterschool programs for children ages five to eighteen.
A professional code of ethics is set of standards, rules, guidelines, and values that govern and guide ethical behavior of a profession's members, interactions among its members, and interactions between its members and the public. The code:
- Defines accepted and acceptable behaviors.
- Promotes high standards of practice.
- Provides a benchmark for members to use for self-evaluation.
- Establishes a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
- Provides a vehicle for professional identity.
- Provides a mark of professional maturity.
Click here to download a printable copy of the NAA Code of Ethics for AfterSchool Professionals.