The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that nearly eighty percent of adults and seventy-five percent of adolescents do not get the daily recommended amount of physical activity. Use these resources to help get students, staff, and parents off to a healthy start for spring.
- National Physical Fitness and Sports Month Toolkit
- National Physical Fitness and Sports Month Toolkit (2)
- Activity Ideas for Increasing Physical Activity During the School Day
- Tips for Increasing Physical Activity
- Tips from the American Heart Association for Increasing Physical Activity
- Tips for Parents to Add More Activity to Their Child's Day
- Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Standards (HEPA)
Just as you might track the number of books read, hours spent reading, or time spent on other academic pursuits, why not challenge students (or families) to track their physical activity, and increase their numbers each week over the course of the month?