NAA Member and past Next Generation Leader Honoree Dawn Marie Johnson, MSW, notes, “It is vital to spread awareness. Now more than ever, there is a calling for elevating Indigenous perspectives and voices.” She also shared the following list of her favorite resources to support you in your efforts.
- Native American Studies Resources for Grades 1-4
- Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian
- Recorded Student Webinars: View recent student webinars hosted by Native Knowledge 360°. Find topics that support teaching and learning about Native Americans.
- How Do Native People Experience Belonging?: Watch a video, explore a map, and read a Native perspective about the relationships that can create a sense of belonging.
- Transforming Tribal Communities: Indigenous Perspectives on Suicide Prevention
- An Advocate’s Guide to Supporting Indigenous Peoples’ Day Toolkit
- Dos & Don’ts Handout: Use this handout to guide conversations and talk in a respectful way about and with Native Peoples.