The NAA PLCs are designed to inspire meaningful connections where participants join expert facilitators for collaborative guided learning experiences focused on the most important topics in afterschool. Over six-eight weeks starting mid-March, each PLC experience includes: a minimum of five hours live virtual facilitated interactive learning; up to five hours of self-paced learning activities; an NAA certificate of completion showing 10+ PD hours; and an end of PLC celebration.
Spring PLCs start mid-March and run for up to eight weeks depending on topic and facilitator design.
“This past year made us all question … well, almost everything. The words ‘unprecedented’ and ‘pivot’ were used way too many times,” said Heidi Ham, Vice President of Programs and Strategy, NAA. “While there will still be some pivoting, we know there is no question that we need to continue strengthening ourselves, our organizations, our programs and our profession. The NAA PLCs are designed to do just that.”
The cost to participate is $150 per PLC and the registration deadline for spring cohorts is March 5, 2021. Participation is limited, so register today!
SPRING 2021 PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITIES:
- Superpowers for Supervisors | Facilitator: Marissa Badgley, Founder & CEO, Reloveution | CKCs Content Area 10; Community Designed For CKCs Level 3, Emerging and Developing Leaders.
- Developing Essential STEM Facilitation Skills | Facilitator: Perrin Chick, ACRES Project at Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance | CKCs Content Areas 1-5; Community Designed For CKCs Levels 2 and 3, Developing and Proficient Professionals.
- Best Summer Ever! Leveraging the Summer Learning Toolkit for Continuous Improvement | Facilitators: Desiree Morales, Ryan Berlin and Katie Willse, The Learning Agenda | CKCs Content Areas: 1-5, 9-10; Community Designed for CKCs Levels 2-4, Developing, Proficient, and Advanced Professionals and Leaders.
- Walking the Talk of Equity and Inclusion: Creating Culturally Agile Skills and Spaces in Youth Development | Facilitator: Marcy Peake, Counselor and Consultant, The Center for Cultural Agility | CKCs Content Areas 1-6; Community Designed for CKCs Level 3, Proficient Professionals and/or Emerging Leaders.
- Leading with an Equity and Inclusion Mindset | Facilitators: Jen Siaca Curry, Ed.D. and Darise JeanBaptiste, Change Impact; Chris Hudson, Camp Highlight | CKCs Content Areas 6, 9-10; Community Designed for CKCs Level 4, Advanced Professionals and/or Developing Leaders.
- For Afterschool Professionals: Social-Emotional Learning and Wellness | Facilitator: Julia Gabor, kid-grit | CKCs Content Area 10; Community Designed for CKCs Level 1-4, Entry through Advanced Professionals and Leaders, or anyone ready for a renewed focus on self-care.
- Maximizing Impact: How Transformative Social Emotional Skill Building Can Energize Your Leadership and Improve Staff/Student Engagement | Facilitator: Erika Petrelli, The Leadership Program | CKCs Content Areas 9-10; Community Designed for CKCs Levels 3-4, Proficient and Advanced Professionals and Leaders.
Learn more by visiting the NAA Professional Learning Communities page.
Courtesy of NAA.