While we certainly don't wish a bad day on anyone, we've compiled 15 positive quotations to help lift your spirits on those days when the struggle is real.
Pick your dose of encouragement:
1. "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." —Helen Keller
2. "Life is tough darling, but so are you." —unknown
3. "I don't like to gamble. But if there is one thing I'm willing to bet on it is myself." —Beyoncé
4. "Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day." —unknown
5. "One small crack does not mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and you didn't fall apart." —Linda Poindexter
6. "Stars can't shine without darkness." —unknown
7. "She was unstoppable, not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them." —Beau Taplin
8. "When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top." —unknown
9. "The struggles make you stronger, and the changes make you wise; happiness has its own way of taking its sweet time." —Gary Allen
10. "On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%, and that's pretty good." —unknown
11. "Sometimes, life doesn't want to give you what you want. It's not because you don't deserve it, but because you deserve more." —unknown
12. "Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." —unknown
13. "You'll never know your strength until you face your struggles." —unknown
14. "Never regret a day in your life: good days give happiness, bad days give experience, worst days give lessons, and best days give memories." —unknown
15. "We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be obtained." —Marie Curie
Written by Emma Davis, Courtesy of Girls on the Run.
This article was republished with permission and originally appeared on Girls on the Run blog.