Nominations are Now Closed
NAA’s Next Generation of Afterschool Leaders identifies young leaders and recognizes and cultivates the talent of rising stars who have the potential to influence the field of afterschool for years to come. The selected emerging leader honorees will have: demonstrated contributions that have started to influence beyond individual programs to organizations and communities, a proven passion for development of themselves and others, active engagement in efforts to elevate the afterschool field and demonstrated persistence in their work to grow as leaders.
Join NAA in recognizing extraordinary individuals, age 30 or under, strong believers in the power of afterschool―who are vested in things like advocacy, professional development, creative program design, the power of youth voice, data and evaluation and racial justice.
If you know of a candidate worthy of this honor, review the eligibility and nominations information below and then nominate them today!
For the Next Generation of Afterschool Leaders 2021, NAA is looking to highlight individuals who:
- Are age 30 or under as of November 13, 2020
- Are active in the broader afterschool community, including, but not limited to membership in NAA and its state affiliates
- Demonstrate contributions that have started to influence beyond an individual program to entire organizations and communities
- Are actively engaged in efforts to elevate the afterschool field
- Have a proven passion for development of themselves and others, and demonstrate persistence in their work to grow as leaders
- Demonstrate the NAA core competencies, specifically Content Area 10: Professional Development and Leadership
- NAA appreciates all afterschool professionals and leaders, but in this case we are searching for exceptional young leaders.
- Successful nominations will share specific examples that demonstrate the full extent of why a candidate is deserving of this special, national recognition.
- To ensure that honorees are representative of the diverse communities served by our profession, we encourage nominations of Black, Indigenous and other emerging leaders of color.
Each honoree will receive a free, NAA Executive membership, national recognition, on-going leadership development, support in broadening their professional networks and other opportunities to expand their impact. Those selected must be willing to respond to a written interview, submit a professional photo, agree to be featured in the Spring 2021 issue of AfterSchool Today magazine and be highlighted on NAA’s social channels and digital content.
Nomination period: October 27 - November 13, 2020
Honoree notification: November 20, 2020
"The National AfterSchool Association knows that strong afterschool leaders develop the skilled professionals and teams that run strong organizations and quality programs that result in positive youth outcomes. These emerging leaders will help shape the next generation of the afterschool field."
-Gina Warner, President and CEO of NAA