Organizations that work with us find experts quickly, reliably and affordably. Experts who work with us learn about new and rewarding opportunities for impact.
Who we're looking for:
At the Afterschool Expert Hub, we believe your skills and experiences are invaluable and can be leveraged more broadly to help more organizations serve students and families better. If you have strong expertise in one or more areas relevant to youth development (here is a non-exhaustive list of project areas where clients reach out to us for support) and an interest in project-based work, we can connect you to organizations that are looking to tap into your expertise for short-term, mission-critical projects.
As we build out our network further, we're looking for diverse afterschool leaders with:
- A strong commitment to working in education and serving all students, especially students from low-income families.
- Deep domain expertise in one or more areas relevant to OST as demonstrated by a track record of impact.
- Project-based work experience, serving internal or external client teams.
- Alignment with our values.
More about the Afterschool Expert Hub:
The Afterschool Expert Hub leverages Catalyst:Ed's expert network, technology platform and expertise in setting up short-term engagements for success to create a seamless and easy user experience and inform decision-making. We are on a mission to change the way afterschool programs envision, access and leverage expertise for short-term needs.
Our experts include school and program leaders, educators, strategy consultants, design thinkers, researchers, project managers, evaluators, curriculum specialists, data scientists, technologists and many more. While some work as independent consultants, others work with small and large firms. Still others have full-time roles, but are open to small, yet high-impact project-based opportunities. The Afterschool Expert Hub includes both individuals and firms.
Here's why we are unique:
- Network: We are building the largest national network of vetted OST experts and professionals in the country. Our expert network combined with our referral partners gives us the unparalleled ability to identify the right short-term talent options for your project in a very short time.
- Process: We bring deep expertise in setting up short-term engagements for success. We also guide you in the project scoping and decision-making process.
- Technology: Our platform makes the entire process from scoping to evaluation seamless, minimizing the effort and coordination required at your end.
Applications close on February 19
If you think you're a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Application instructions and the timeline are available on our website here. Interested applicants can also learn more about our program model through our introductory webinar here.