All events occur at the Gaylord Hotel and Convention Center.
Celebration of Leadership Reception - Monday, March 20- 5:45-6:45pm, Citrus Ballroom
This year’s invitation-only leadership reception, sponsored by the New York Life Foundation, celebrates all the leaders of our field! Connect with other field leaders, congratulate the 2023 class of Next Generation of Afterschool Leaders, and hear inspirational remarks from NAA Leadership.
OST Stakeholder Summit: Building and Supporting a Thriving Workforce - Monday, March 20 and Tuesday, March 21, Escambia Room (see specific times and sessions below)
We are excited to announce that we have hired Katherine Plog Martinez to lead us through the OST Stakeholder Summit. Katherine currently serves as the Managing Partner for Knowledge to Power Catalysts, a small boutique consulting firm that increases the rate at which leaders transform Knowledge into Power to change the odds that all children and youth will thrive. Prior to consulting, Katherine served in various roles for Denver Public Schools including six years as Director of Extended Learning. She is a co-founder of the Denver Afterschool Alliance.
During the OST Stakeholder Summit, participants will engage in the following:
- Review NAA’s Thriving Workforce Initiative
- Gain insight into the roles various stakeholders, such as private funders, public funders, governing boards, and organizational leaders, can play and the power they have in building and supporting a thriving workforce
- Inform future national resources related to the OST workforce and job quality
- Develop a thriving workforce action plan to elevate job quality within their sphere of influence
Leaders will also explore the following framing questions:
- How might we take ownership of defining the out-of-school time profession rather than allowing others to define it for us?
- How might we shift our orientations around the thriving workforce from problems to possibilities?
Please check out the new times for the OST Stakeholder Summit:
Monday, March 20th
Tuesday, March 21st
More details about each session will be sent as the dates near. If you have any questions, please reach out to Angelica Portillo, NAA Director of Advocacy and Workforce Initiatives at email@example.com.