The 2022 Next Gen Leader honorees listed below will be recognized and celebrated in front of the NAA membership during the NAA22 Convention, March 20-23.
- Patrick Holman-Hart, Center Coordinator, Promise South Salt Lake
- Kelsey Nicole Nelson, Senior Manager of External Relations, Learning Heroes
- Jennifer Callery-Stokes, Director of Development, Flanders Nature Center & Land Trust
- Katie Lehman, Ready Readers Supervisor, Muncie Public Library
- Angelica Rodriguez, Program Director, Sociedad Latina
- Hernan Sanchez, Family and Community Engagement Coordinator, Think Together
- Jeremy Rodriguez, Development and Communications Coordinator, After-School All-Stars North Texas
- Sheneika Simmons, Program Manager, North Carolina Center for Afterschool Programs
- William Iannuzzi, Mascaro Clubhouse Director, Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle
- Xavier Gomez, Senior Site Liaison, California Teaching Fellows Foundation
- Hannah Patterson, Evaluation Manager, Camp Fire National Headquarters
- Kanesha Adams, CEO and Founder, Bearapy
- Mariah S Steele, Prevention Specialist, Omega CDC
- Andrew Mua, Youth Engagement Specialist, Brooklyn Bridge Alliance for Youth
- Delaney Quinn Bantillo Pearlman, Senior Certified Trainer, California School-Age Consortium
- Serina Loftis, Site Coordinator, Wayne State University
- Tozyea Reed, Director of Community & Partner Resources, Dallas Afterschool
- Austin T. Gullett, KISR! Enrichment Manager, Activities Beyond the Classroom
- Megan McCullough, Inclusion Specialist, Loudoun Country, Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Service
- Trudy Morgan, Policy Director, New York State Network for Youth Success
Through these awards and other opportunities, NAA is committed to celebrating young professionals and supporting their ongoing professional development. Young professionals and emerging leaders are crucial to our profession’s sustainability, growth, and success.
NAA’s Director of Advocacy and Workforce Development, Angelica Portillo shared our message to them, “Your work is valued. You deserve to be recognized.”
NAA Board President, Tommy Brewer, added, "As we’re looking for opportunity at this moment, we’re looking towards sustainability in terms of planning for the future of the field by creating space for next-gen leaders to have a seat at the table."
Stay tuned for more in-depth profiles of the 2022 Next Gen Leader honorees in the Spring Issue of AfterSchool Today magazine, which drops the week of March 9, 2022.