Mission Statement: The primary purpose of H&H Child Care Training Center is to provide a learning environment in which individuals can discover, critically examine, preserve and transmit the knowledge, wisdom, and values that will help them ensure the survival and quality of early childhood education for today and future generations.
H&H seeks to help learners develop an understanding and appreciation for the complex cultural and physical worlds in which they will become educators themselves, and to allow each learner to live and to realize their highest potential of intellectual, physical, and human development. In addition, H&H seeks to attract and serve learners from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds, to be sensitive and responsive to their needs, and, above all, assist all to achieve their fullest potential in their pursuit of early childhood education.
To fulfill its mission, H&H incorporates:
- Broad and balanced Certification Programs and Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) that are mutually reinforcing and emphasize high quality and creative instruction to our learners.
- Generation of new knowledge through a broad array of learning platforms including but not limited to: virtual classrooms, asynchronous and synchronous learning, in-person onsite, and coaching and mentoring.
- Extensive participation in statewide, national and international programs and encourage H&H participants to seek benefits from H&H’s unique educational resources, such as staff expertise, articles, and partnerships with other organizations.
- Strengthening of cultural understanding through H&H’s diverse staff and network for supporting special needs. Training content is designed to include differing abilities, cultures, economic and technological change through the encouragement of study, research and s
- Maintenance of a level of excellence and standards in all training that will give participants statewide, national and international significance.
- Through H&H’s policies and programs embodiment, respect for, and commitment to, national best practices and early childhood education for the betterment of all families, providers, and young children alike.
H&H has been providing training services since 2001 and has trained almost a million training hours and certified over 20,000 child care providers. H&H continues to grow and support its learners with current and ongoing trends in professionalism, child development, health, safety, nutrition, curriculum, special needs, and community.
Services offered by H&H Child Care Training Center LLC
H&H Child Care Training offers a multitude of early childhood certification programs as well as CEU’s for ongoing training requirements. In addition, H&H provides related training including First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration and Emergency Preparedness Training. H&H is an accredited IACET Provider which is accepted across the US and internationally. In addition H&H has been a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) Approved Organization since 2001.
H&H offers over 160 approved trainings including but not limited to:
- CDA Preschool Credential, CDA Infant and Toddler Credential, and CDA Family Child Care Credential (all 120 hours/12 CEUs)
- MSDE Mandated:
- 45 Hour School Age Methods and Materials (Both online and in class)
- 45 Hour Child Growth and Development (Both online and in class)
- 45 Hour Infant and Toddler Methods and Materials (Both online and in class)
- 45 Hour Preschool Methods and Materials (Both online and in class)
- 45 Hours Director-Administration ONLINE
Our talented team of experts continue to add a minimum of 12 hours of new training each month.
Continuing Education Goals:
In effort to continually improve H&H has set ongoing continuing goals by implementing the following:
- Offer a variety of quality continuing education programs that meet State Department of Education and the Child Care industry requirements.
- Design continuing education trainings that meet the requirements for teacher and provider qualifications in early childhood education and the child care industry.
- Encourage all Providers and Teachers to participate in lifelong learning.
- Maintain the standards of excellence that allow H&H Child Care Training Center to meet the criteria for recognition as an Approved Provider by the International Association for Education and Training (IACET).