Science Action Club
Science Action Club makes it easy and fun to lead hands-on STEM in out-of-school time—no experience necessary! Through games, projects, and exciting investigations, Science Action Club inspires youth to explore nature, contribute to authentic citizen science research, and design strategies to protect the planet.
Designed by the California Academy of Sciences for youth in grades 5-8, the program features high quality staff training and environmental science kits that inspire wonder for the natural world. Each kit includes:
- 12 activities and bonus resources for 60-90 minute club sessions
- Tools and supplies for 20 youth
- Interactive, self-paced, online training and certification for program staff
- Options for customized, in-person training workshop
- Bilingual Spanish-English resources available
Choose your topic!
- Bug Safari explores small creatures with big environmental impacts.
- Bird Scouts explores feathers, flight, and the features that make birds unique.
- Cloud Quest explores the impact of clouds on weather and climate.
All three units are designed to minimize administrative burden and maximize youth engagement!
More than 800 afterschools, summer camps, libraries, and other youth-serving organizations across the country offer Science Action Club every year. Join the growing network today! Learn more at www.calacademy.org/sac