With the ongoing concerns about the COVID-19 virus, we want you to know that the safety of NAA20 Convention participants is of utmost importance to us. We have no plans to cancel the Convention.
Out of an abundance of caution, however, we are declaring NAA20 a "Handshake-Free Zone." Try these alternative handshake ideas at Convention, as well as a few important hand hygiene precautions, to keep everyone healthy and safe.
- Smile brightly
- Nod your head
- Bump elbows
- Wink and point
- Bow slightly
Hand Hygiene Precautions
- Use only a knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip
- Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds
- Dry your hands after washing. Your hands spread 1,000 times more germs when they are damp.
- Use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard immediately. Use the inside of your elbow only if you have to.