The National AfterSchool Association is the voice of the afterschool profession. We are the national membership organization for professionals who work with and on behalf of children and youth during out-of-school time.
NAA’s mission is to promote development, provide education and encourage advocacy for the out-of-school-time community to further the afterschool profession.
We exist to inspire, connect and equip afterschool professionals.
We respect and celebrate the diversity of our members who include afterschool program directors, coordinators, sponsors, front-line staff, school leaders, principals, teachers, paraprofessionals, board of education members, non-profit leaders, advocates, community leaders, policymakers, researchers and more.
To engage the breadth of knowledge and expertise in our profession, we have designed two membership levels for individuals:
- Executive – only $99 and designed specifically for afterschool leaders.
- Ambassador – FREE and includes benefits and value for entry and developing professionals.
- Publications, resources and services that reflect best-practice thinking of the profession.
- Dissemination of ideas and information that support the professional development needs of members in the field.
- The only national convention in the field for afterschool professionals.
- A user-friendly, informational website and regular electronic communications for members.
- Access to affordable training, technical assistance and professional development for afterschool program staff.
- Access to a members-only professional resources and consultation services.
- That equitable, adequate and accessible afterschool program opportunities are created universally and that investments in afterschool programming come from school, local community, state and federal for-profit and non-profit sources.
- We participate in efforts to create public awareness about the importance, benefits and return on investment of afterschool programming.
- NAA is working to assure that the vision of high-quality learning experiences for all children and youth, both in and out of school, becomes a reality through the application of the NAA core competencies in afterschool programs. NAA recognizes that quality afterschool programs provide positive child and youth development and meet a critical need for keeping kids safe and families productively employed.
- NAA fights for families who need a wide range of interesting and age-appropriate programming choices available and accessible when their children are not in school.
NAA State Affiliates:
NAA has state affiliates across the United States. Our affiliates are statewide organizations aligned with NAA’s mission to inspire, connect and equip afterschool professionals. Affiliate missions' and strategies' promote quality afterschool programs and professional development in their states. The strong and supportive relationships between NAA and its state Affiliates creates a national network that builds connectivity among stakeholders and creates opportunities for engagement that ensure vibrant future for our field.
Most state affiliates offer benefit packages that include local benefits and an NAA Ambassador level membership. To get connected your state affiliate and to take advantage of local benefits, click here.