Charity for Change Giver Program
Giver Program Complete Pre-K - 5 Afterschool Set
Your students will earn real money for charities they research and select by completing curriculum activities. The Giver Program mascots, Giver and U2Can, motivate your students, celebrating each success with personalized greetings and celebrations.
The Giver Program integrated, online curriculum combines math, service learning and character education including incentive prizes and certificates. Your students, parents and principals will love this easy-to-implement, fun, interactive, standards-based curriculum.
Easy to use -- teachers or afterschool counselors just log on.
Your students will:
· Earn real money for charities they research and select by completing curriculum activities
· Master math problem-solving skills
· Improve character and citizenship skills
· Be engaged and ready to learn
· Be empowered by understanding how they are helping others in their community
· Save valuable time
· Have access to reportable data
· See improved character, compassion, empathy and self-efficacy in your students
· Build a stronger connection to the school day and your community
Online content includes:
· 15 weeks of curriculum for all grade levels for one afterschool site
· Engaging mascots who talk to your students by teacher and site name
· Animated math games personalized to your teachers/counselors and site
· Character trait puzzles
· Training and ongoing support
· Incentive prizes for weekly participation
· Incentive prizes for session winners
· Character trait certificates
· Program guide
· Readers theater puppet scripts personalized to your site
· Finger puppet coloring project
· Coloring page bank project
· Parent engagement projects
The Giver Program engages your students in their community by:
· Working together to research charities
· Voting on the selection of their charities
· Earning real dollars for the charities they select by completing curriculum activities
· Participating in visits and presentations by charity representatives
· Actively participating in relevant volunteer projects
· Receiving a personalized thank-you letter from the charities
The Giver Program supports academic achievement through its math curriculum, while the charity and character theme builds self-efficacy, empathy and citizenship skills.
Results proven by a third-party study: improved academic achievement, character and citizenship skills.
The program provides teachers or afterschool counselors with the tools they need to help students become global citizens – creating connections among students, parents, the community and charities.
Charity for Change is a non-profit dedicated to providing affordable educational tools through the Giver Program since 2008.